Ever wanted to run Windows on your Android phone? This may sound unrealistic but what if you know there is an easy way to run windows program on your Android device then you would definitely want to try Windows apps on Android right!!
Before going to install Windows on your android device you need certain things to be done is that if your phone memory is less than 512MB then you can’t run windows because it’s slow down your device. If your device is rooted then this method is not working for you.
Keep in mind that some of the android tablets are not designed to run windows based software so you will be downloading and using this program at your own risk.
Requirements To Install Windows on Android
- Android phone with internet connection
- Personal computer
- Change My Software
- 10 minutes of your time
Process To Install Windows on Android
- First, open settings on your android device and go to developer options, here you need to turn on USB debugging mode.
- If you didn’t find the developer option then go to About Phone and tap on Build Number continuously for 7-8 time till you see a message like you are now a developer.
- Now download Change My Software from the internet.
- Connect your android device to computer or laptop using the USB cable.
- Open Change My Software file and follow up the screen prompts for installing software.
- After change my software successfully installed it will be automatically launched.
- Select Android > Select Windows version you want to install on your android device.
- Click on continue button and it will ask to select the language.
- Once you select the language it will automatically start downloading of windows drivers.
- After downloading process complete, simply click on Install button.
- You will also get an option like Remove Android system from your device. If you want to remove android from your device then click on it otherwise ignore this message if you want to run both operating systems.
- The process of Windows installation on your android device will be started and wait until complete the installation process, it will take up to 5-7 minutes of your time.
- If all file and drivers have been installed, the device will be automatically rebooted.
- After your device reboot, you need to select either Android or Windows you want to run on your android device.
In case if you feel uncomfortable using windows on android then you can also go back to android version. You only need to reconnect the android device to pc then launch Change My Software. And select the Restore to original condition option from the main menu. That’s it your phone back to the original android operating system.
Run Windows on Android Using Emulator
If you don’t want to change the software of your android device then also experience windows operating system on your android device using windows emulator available for free.
To make it happen you android device needs a windows emulator called Computer Launcher for Win 10.
- First, download Computer Launcher For Win 10 from Google Play Store.
- Once you install the app you need to select the computer launcher as the main launcher.
- Now open the app and this is how your android smartphone home screen looks like.
- Click on windows icon at bottom left corner and it will display the installed app like windows 10 icons.
- Select an arrow icon from the bottom taskbar, it will display battery status, wifi, Bluetooth and sound icons.
- Select the message icon from the bottom right corner and it will display an action center and here you can see new notifications and other settings.